1. I have an insane life, and often disappear for long chunks of time. Very often I am here reading/scanning, but unable to respond.
2. I cannot access email or LJ from work, and I sometimes work 14 hours per day, 7 days per week.
3. I very infrequently comment, but always read all of my flist and a good chunk of my foflist when I'm able. If I friended you, it's because I like to read what you have to say, regardless of topic.
4. If I fall behind due to travel or family obligations, I start at the current page and try to work my way back, if it's less than a couple of weeks' worth. More than that, and I'm likely to give up.
5. I almost never comment when 'catching up'. That doesn't mean I don't read or don't care.
6. I am lazy where the internet is concerned. If that bothers you, don't worry about it, just dump me from your flist for having bad manners. I won't get upset!
7. I usually sign in on my info page, so I try to keep tabs on who's friended, etc., but sometimes there are long stretches when I forget to check. It's okay to comment if you think I'm ignoring you -- chances are that's far from the truth (unless you're someone I really don't know, someone who is completely anonymous to me, or someone who doesn't post at least now and then).